DUFF STUFF

A quick look at what's going on with the Duff clan

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akron, OH, United States
Hi, welcome to the Duff family blog. Here you will find updates on the goings on in the Duff home updated on a semi-regular basis. For all pictures you can see a much larger version by just clicking on the pictures.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Out and about taking pictures

Andrew and I got together all of our camera equipment and went out in the afternoon to take pictures of the snow. We saw a lot of great snow drifts but the snow along the roads was so high we couldn't pull off anywhere to get good picture. I took over 200 pictures but wasn't happy with very many. I'm still working to figure out my camera and so I mostly played with the manual settings which resulted in some perfectly dreadful shots. However with the rapid shot ability combined with bracketing even someone like me can manage to get something worth keeping once and a while. On this trip there really wasn't much worth keeping but here are a few shots. (click on pictures for larger versions) We stopped at McDonalds so Andrew could spend the last bit on a gift certificate. Naturally he bought ice cream. I took the picture below through the window at the bushes around the store. I used the Nikon software to convert to B&W and I did enhance the contrast. The sun was partially out but I was using several filters so the shadows aren't as apparent.
The obligatory snow mound pictures taken at a local store parking lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home